Have you ever had the feeling that you were being watched, not sure how, but you just know? Well, for about the last week and a half I have heard the Bald Eagles more frequently and have seen more in our area than ever before. Not sure what is different this spring, but it is fun to have them around. Almost every morning for several hours and the same in the late afternoon I have seen a Bald Eagle in our back yard. It always perches in the same tree just keeping an eye on what I am assuming is it's territory. I think there must be a nest nearby, just haven't located it yet. Last week it was more common to see two Eagles together, but this week it has been solo. I think the one I have been seeing is the male and the female might be sitting on the nest with eggs. I am not for certain on when nesting begins. I'll have to do some research on that. But as you can see from the photos taken on different days the Eagle is perched in the same tree keeping a vigilant watch on the area to included our yard. Pretty cool to have such a beautiful bird on duty as "Air" Marshall.
Friday, March 13, 2009
Someone (something) to Watch over Me
Have you ever had the feeling that you were being watched, not sure how, but you just know? Well, for about the last week and a half I have heard the Bald Eagles more frequently and have seen more in our area than ever before. Not sure what is different this spring, but it is fun to have them around. Almost every morning for several hours and the same in the late afternoon I have seen a Bald Eagle in our back yard. It always perches in the same tree just keeping an eye on what I am assuming is it's territory. I think there must be a nest nearby, just haven't located it yet. Last week it was more common to see two Eagles together, but this week it has been solo. I think the one I have been seeing is the male and the female might be sitting on the nest with eggs. I am not for certain on when nesting begins. I'll have to do some research on that. But as you can see from the photos taken on different days the Eagle is perched in the same tree keeping a vigilant watch on the area to included our yard. Pretty cool to have such a beautiful bird on duty as "Air" Marshall.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment