Monday, January 12, 2009

Heat Wave.........Well Almost



Well we are working on our Alaska cold weather endurance. We were all getting tired of the cold, but it is finally warming up. Hitting zero was exciting and today the last I checked it was 17 above and snowing a little. The picture of the sign was taken in December, right after Christmas, the day I was out with my new lens taking pictures of the Bald Eagles, sure didn't think then it was going to continue to get colder. The other picture of the temperature at -21 was just before New Year's....still getting colder!! I did find a couple of things to be positive about during the cold snap; we had no wind and didn't have to worry about wind chill in addition to the cold temperatures and we had tons of sunshine. The sun didn't do much to create warmth but it does a lot when you are tired of winter and have the blues. We also still have the Christmas snow packed heavy on the boughs of the pines. The past two weeks were bitterly cold but the winter landscape was beautiful.

No comments: